Monday, May 9, 2016

Stamped Gelli Print Wood House

For number eleven of my Hearts and Houses challenge I was inspired by the current prompt at Paper Artsy: Mono-printing

You know this topic is dear to my heart as I'm a huge Gelli Plate enthusiast.
I only had a little tiny sliver of time so I spent it choosing two complimentary mono prints; I wanted to focal image to have neon in orange or pink and the supporting colors to be in the green/blue/teal range. Since these are some of my favorite colors it took moments to find some prints that fit the requirements.

I stamped both of the large images from Lynne Perrella Collection 034 onto the gelliprints and cut them apart to better fit the shape of the house. Then I attached the paper to a wood base. with Mod Podge. To smooth out any wrinkles and bubbles I ran over the paper with a rubber brayer.

While this is quite simple, the detailed stamp and the colorful monoprints pack a powerful design punch. 







2 comments:

Carmen said...

Just love this Nicole, such a strong image and the colours are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Wonderful work. I love nicole. Thanks for sharing. auto cad design service