Thursday, October 17, 2013

Love Overflowing: Red Monochromatic Mixed-Media Canvas


This mono-chromatic piece is my study in red. Red is quite a bit easier in my opinion as adding white makes pink and provides a lot of contrast. 

As you can see, I didn't use a whole lot of black in this one. I wanted to keep it really light and saturated in love. 

There was a tiny bit of teal on the Gelli Plate print I used for the heart but it worked so well I decided not to fuss about it :-)


Did you know you can sew through canvas boards? My sewing machine grumbled a whole lot, but it can be done. While I was spraying my papers I grabbed some old canvas and blotted up the excess and then tore it into ribbons.



Thanks so much for visiting today!



2 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

I really like this. Wonderful colours !

donna!ee said...

love the collage AND colors AND content....awesome Nicole! ;D