Monday, June 4, 2012

Make It Monday: Father's Day Cards

I LOVE Make it Monday but I rarely participate unless I make an effort to do the challenge on Monday itself. Otherwise the week drags on and soon enough it's Monday again.

So this week, since I was badly in need of Father's Day cards, I jumped in with both feet.

The example had stamping in the exposed part but I don't have many manly stamps so I used patterned paper instead.

(click the image to enlarge)

For the Father's Day sentiment on the front I used Fillable Frames #4 and the coordinating die, cut in half.

And inside I added grid paper and a sentiment from the Half and Half Stamp Set:


10 comments:

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Very cute take on the sketch Nicole! Great cards!

Colleen said...

Perfect card for Father's Day! love your colors!

victoria h said...

Great colours. I love the half and half sentiment on the inside too- perfect for special days.

cutiephinphin said...

great cards. Love the colors.

carol (krillsister) said...

Two great cards. Love your take on the sketch.

Chrissy Larson said...

Great masculine cards! Even having so many boys in my house, I still struggle with the masculine card. You do it flawlessly!

CathyR said...

Great cards. I love the colors and the grid paper on the inside is a great touch.

Marybeth said...

Both cards are great guy cards. Love the colors! Beautiful inside of card as well.

Marybeth said...

Both cards are great guy cards. Love the colors! Beautiful inside of card as well.

Gina said...

Guy cards! Love them!! And that's such a great idea. I need to make a couple of Father's Days cards and didn't even think about using the sketches. :) I really like them both!