Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Stop Being Perfect - Art Journal Page

Thanks so much for all your supportive comments yesterday. It was very scary for me to put out my own art for the world to see. This project is really energizing my creativity and helping me use my supplies in new ways.
click on the picture to see it up close

One thing I'm absolutely crazy about right now is the 11x14 sketchbooks from Utrecht. B and I both bought one over the weekend and I can't say enough good things about the quality of the paper and it's such a charming size to work in - I'm better with big than itty-bitty. Plus at $12.99 you really can't go wrong.


Some of you might recognize these wise words from Tyler Durden. I wonder if I'm not going to end up with a whole series of Fight Club related art journal pages. LOL. Remember this one?


There's a lot of fun texture and techniques on this page, not surprisingly, I used coarse modeling paste. I just can't get enough of the stuff. This time though, I didn't color it. 


And here's my girl. I'm working towards a more abstract look and feel this is moving in the right direction.


Tip: When I'm finished an art journal page and I've added a lot to it like this one, I Mod Podge it to the next page. It really improves the stability of the book.


6 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

I love your abstract girl. I love modern and abstract art so I just love her! Keep it up.

Carmen said...

Ditto what Karenliz said. I'm also thinking I need to read Fight Club! I watched the film years ago but I'm thinking I need to read the book.

Plus modelling paste - yep love that stuff, am actually making a doll with it at mo :P Didn't have any clay and wanted to play so am just building up layers of that *g*

Jennibellie said...

This is just great work! Really beautiful and interesting, thanks for sharing, much love Jennibellie xx

Juls said...

such fabulous pages! Hugs Juls

Sarah D said...

I really like it! Good job. It'll be fun watching your style develop even more. You are a great artist. I get lots of compliments on my girl you made. Thanks!

Kathi said...

She's fabulous!