Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Belated Sketchy Thursday Page and Some Whining

Should I start with the page or with the whining? 


*Sigh* I have an overuse injury in my left foot. The doc was awesome, he's a post-back-surgery running enthusiast so he really got me. He has me off my feet until the weekend, short 5 mile run on Saturday and reduced mileage until my race in February. It could have gone a lot worse. That said, there's a swollen area above my 5th metatarsal and the peroneal brevis tendon is looking freaky. I can't make my baby toe do what it should... like stay down for an x-ray. See above... it's standing while everyone else is sitting. What a rebel.

I'm feeling a little persecuted. So far in the last week I've had severe vision disturbances (spinal related),   an ovarian cyst ruptured (sorry if that's TMI) and I passed my one year NOW EVERYTHING IS SUPPOSED TO BE WONDERFUL date and... well... everything's not wonderful.

I jumped out of bed that morning excited to see the new me and the old me was staring back. Kind of naive, no?

As they say though, on with the show :-)

I love Sketchy Thursdays. It's my favorite sketch site ever (sorry Page Maps, I'm very fond of you too). Each week this month I've printed the sketch (or drew it on old junk mail envelopes), printed my photos, picked out some paper and then piled them in a neglected stack at the end of my table. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this?

So, in an interest of clearing said table I started with this one. 

And I kept it simple. 



Paper: Echo Park
Cardstock: Bazzil

5 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Cute scrapbook page! Pretty paper!

So sorry about all your setbacks! I know it's really hard for runners to get laid up with an injury. My hubs and son fell victim this season, hubs developed asthma and son is recovering from a bad stress fracture. They both had to skip the Disney Marathon that they were super excited about : ( Good luck with your recovery and your upcoming race. I plan to slowlly start into running this year. (As soon as it warms up a bit!)

Have a great day!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love your layout!

Glad to see you're keeping your sense of humor, but sorry to hear of all the medical problems.

I sometimes say "I'm just sick of feeling sick!" It gets to you after a while.

Thanks for the tip about Sketchy Thursday. I'm off to check them out ...

Mary C. said...

I love your layout. The x-ray is not so fun and I am sorry. As for the getting up and the old me staring back; that's me every morning so I understand.
Time heals all wounds as they say but I get it if you want to say, hurry up already!
Praying for you. {{{HUGS}}}

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

That sucks about your health but....

Your xray is so pretty! Your bones looks so cool.

I love your page!

Carmen said...

Thanks for setting me off on a coughing fit with the trainer vs tioara page :) Love it.

So sorry to read yo are having difficulties still Nicole - if anyone deserves a break (in a non-body part way) it's you! Maybe your pinkie toe is just very, very posh!