Friday, July 3, 2009

Assembled Art Piece

Happy 4th of July Weekend to those of you who celebrate :-)

I wanted to share with you a fun project I've been working on this week. It wasn't intentionally a Bombshell Stamps project - but I can't resist using them whenever I'm playing. They're so cool!

I used my awesome Color Kits from Gauche Alchemy. A project like this is so much easier when someone gathers all the pieces for you - it left me free to do creating, not shopping/scrounging.



frame. This one called to me as I liked the three recessed cut outs. Paint to front and sides your main color with acrylic paint.

Paint inside the frame holes with your complimentary color and sprinkle clear glitter over the wet paint. Move the glitter around until all sides are sparkly.

Once you've got that done, start gluing on doo-dads and making little scenes in each space.

I recommend sticking to a color scheme so it doesn't get too crazy but crazy can also be awesome. In this case, I used red as my main color, turquoise as my accent color and black and white.

Here are some close-ups:

Top:


Middle:

Bottom:

Materials Used:
Wood Frame: JoAnn
Paint: Folk Art
Glitter: Hero Arts
Stamps: Love and Luck, Retro Cowgirls, Man's Ruin, Bombshell Angel, Butterfly Queen, Sacred Heart
Doo-dads and Whats-its : Color Kits from Gauche Alchemy
Adhesive: Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue, Glossy Accents

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole! My girl! This is so wonderful!! Will you post it on the Gauche Alchemy Flickr group? (Link is on our blog - left sidebar). I'm going to grab it for a post on our blog, too, if you don't mind. :D

Elizabeth R. said...

WOW!!! This is fantastic! I love everything about it from the colors to the stamped images to the vintage items!

Tiff said...

This looks amazing...I could look at it for hours on end! GREAT JOB!

Vicki G said...

WOW!! That looks like it was a lot of work!!! This is fantabulous!!!

VIcki

Kristen H said...

This is too cool for words!!! WOW~ I love Clove chewing gum, I spotted that right away. This is like going into an antique store and stopping to look at everything.
VERY awesome creation.
I love these images!!!
happy 4th!

CathyR said...

This is so cool. There is so much going on that it took me awhile to take it all in. I just saw some Beeman's gum in the grocery store the others day. It brought back memories of my grandmother. Such a great piece of art.

Maggi said...

This is fabulous!

Kim said...

Girl, this is amazing! Fantastic work!

itsallrosi said...

this is just amazing!

Claudette said...

Such talent! You never seize to amaze me with your work, this one I'm in awe over it.
Love the scrapbook pages also featured here on the blog.

Anonymous said...

hello everybody

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone!

Can't wait to get to know you all better!

-Marshall

Thanks again!